Volkswagen to make brands more distinct to boost efficiency
Volkswagen the German automobile company will make its three mass-market brands more distinct to reduce overlaps and defuse tensions within the car making group.
- Volkswagen has set out a new focus for its mass-market VW, Skoda and Seat brands based on 14 customer groups in its core European market.
- The key challenge is (to achieve) a perfect market coverage with clear territories for the brands.
- The brand has positioned itself emotionally in the minds of the customer.
- Therefore at times it becomes difficult to balance the different interests of the customers.
- In a next step, Volkswagen will pursue greater differentiation between its premium brands and expand the strategy to other regions.
Currently, the German company is striving to make savings and become more efficient to help fund a costly shift to electric vehicles in the wake of its diesel emissions scandal.
Tejashree Khandelwal57 Posts
A very amiable person & always ready to help people around me. Passionate about social work as well. I like exploring new places & ever ready to go on treks. I love pets & would like to own one some day.