Economic slowdown on Account of Covid19 outbreak Advertising volume has shown Marginal drop in the 1st week of April
Covid19 crisis and lockdown led Media companies to major cash crunch as many advertising categories have either stopped or deferred their campaigns.
- The Broadcast Audience Research Council of India’s (BARC India) latest tranche of TV viewership and Advertising volume data reveals that ad-volume has shown a degrowth of 26 percent in 1st week of April 2020 compared to the pre-COVID-19 outbreak. Categories like news channels have shown a marginal drop in ad volumes since they continue to attract viewers. However Regional channels have shown massive degrowth in which Tamil, Bangla, and Hindi movie, as well as Categories like kids and entertainment channels, has also shown a drop in growth.
- All of the advertiser categories have shown degrowth, however essential commodity brands have seen an upward growth. The total advertiser count has also reduced from 1387 to 1041.
- Some channels have shown growth in viewership, 4 billion viewers impression achieved by general entertainment channel for the first time in last demi-decades in the 1st week of April.
- Some channels such as Sports have also shown an increase in viewership by using Old and attractive content like classic India-Pakistan matches, and Wrestlemania.
- Here people are curious to know about lifting in lockdown situations to get back into the normal life, this curiosity leads the most-watched channel so far in which The Prime Minister addressed regarding Covid19 crisis to the nation. which was 203 million people across 199 channels in the country.
The report by BARC postulates that advertisement volumes may pick up once partial lifting of lockdown starts and people get back to normal life Because adv. helps the brand to increase their trade penetration as well as increase their shelf space within the store by pumping more stocks.
Rajeev Ranjan3 Posts
A Management Student Love cooking different cuisines and foods Passionate about learning new trends in marketing. Believe in self-competition to push my boundaries to achieve my dreams.
Focusing on creating brand content that is conversational, engaging and adds value to people’s lives. Helping brands create better customer relationships through social media, content marketing and public relations.