The Belgian beverage Anheuser-Busch InBev, the world’s biggest brewers and United Breweries are powered launch Budweiser 0.0 and Hoegaarden 0.0 their flagship brands in India which will compete against leading brands of India Coco-Cola and PepsiCo.
These Brewers wish to give various options to their audience in this segment as it will give them an opportunity to chug on some beer responsibly.
- UB witnessed the increase in the trend of avoiding carbonated drinks by adults age 16 – 17 years and observed a need for non-alcoholic refreshments in the Indian market. Hence launched Kingfisher Radler last year in Gujarat.
- As per research, the calories in the non-alcoholic beverages are lesser compared to soft drinks available in the market.
- Zero alcohol beer is observed to be more profitable than beer that includes alcohol due to high taxes.
- AB InBev will be importing Budweiser 0.0 from China and introduce it in the various cities and the urban area of dry states in India.
- They claim to have made changes in the brewing process to create a taste of beer in zero alcohol beers.
Anheuser-Busch InBev wants to increase the share of the non-alcoholic beverage market by targeting the people who don’t drink alcohol and shift the trend of the drinking habit among the millennials to zero alcohol beer.