AMAZON AUDIBLE ROLLS OUT NEW MARKETING CAMPAIGN FOR “SUNO”
Audible lead the spoken entertainment market since its inception in 1995. Later in 2008, it was bought by the e-commerce giant Amazon. It penetrated the Indian market in November 2018 with the subscription-based audiobook service integrated with Amazon Echo.
- With a curated mix of over a range of around 200,000 audiobooks, radio, television programs, and newspapers across different genres and languages, Audible has deepened its presence in the already crowded audiobook.
- Unlike its subscription-based audiobook app, Amazon Audible launched its first app in India in December 2019 called Audible “Suno” that features around 60 original audio series in both Hindi and English.
- It is free of cost and without advertisements. This platform provides a profusion of genres like romance, thriller, horror, comedy and self-help in a variety of formats including fiction as well as non-fiction.
- Recently to support the arrival of this new service in India, Audible has rolled out a new marketing campaign which accentuates the power of storytelling through the audio medium.
- It ropes in voices of entertainers such as Amitabh Bachchan, Anurag Kashyap, Nawaazuddin Siddiqui and Tabu promoting listeners to experience the stories in 3D sound format through their imaginations.
- Along with TV ads, Suno is also planning to come up with several audio spots for movie theatres featuring thrillers in great voices like that of Amitabh Bachchan and Nawazuddin Siddiqui.
These creative campaigns aim to rekindle the fondness of storytelling and listening, at the same time underlining the captivating power of the audio. It stands out by demonstrating the need for storytelling through the use of relatable context and the power of the imagination.